CBSE Maths Project Class IX
PROJECT WORK: Creative Mathematics Project Ideas
- Each student is required to make a handwritten project report according to the project allotted Please note down your project number according to your Roll Number.
|Roll Number||Project Number|
- A project has a specific starting date and an end date.
- It has specific objectives.
- List the sources of the information collected.
- General lay-out of the project report has the following format
|Cover Page||Your Name, Class, Roll No., Title of project|
|1||Table of contents – Page titles|
|2||Brief description of project. How would you proceed?|
|3-10 (may change)||Procedure (With pictures)|
|11||Mathematics used /involved|
|13||List of resources (List of encyclopedia ,websites, reference books, journals etc)|
|Proiect-1||Exploring Fibonacci numbers.||1. Fibonacci numbers are a sequence of numbers i.e. 1,1,2,3, 5, 8,13, 21,34 … .The first number of the sequence is 1, the second number is 1, and next term is equal to the sum of the previous two numbers of the sequence itself.
2. Write the next 20 terms
3. History of the
4. Explore in nature the
For example: When counting the number of petals of a flower, it is p most probable that They will correspond to one of the Fibonacci Numbers. It is seen that:
a) White calla lily has one patel.
b) Euphorbia have two patel
c) Trillium have three petals
d) Columbine have 5 petals
Explore more such examples with pictures from internet.(give atleast 8 examples)
|Project-2||Exploring Pascal Triangle||(take upto 10 row)
3. How to construct it
4. Mention about the properties
a) The sum of the numbers in any row is 2n, when n is the
b) Property related to prime number.
c) Hockey stick pattern
d) Fibonacci sequence located through Pascal triangle.
5) Make a model on Pascal triangle.
|Project 3||Making 3D Snowflakes||Make a model with project report having contents
a) What is 3-D snowflake
b) Its applications in daily life.
c) Mathematics involved in it
d) Procedure of the model
|Project 4||Making platonic solids||2) Mention about 5 platonic
solids and its properties.
4) Procedure of making
5) Verify Euler’s Formula for each of the solid.
|Project 5||Exploring Mathematics around us.||1. Look around yourself.
2. Click photographs using a digital camera/mobile and
3. Click minimum 20 photographs.
The weightage of 8 marks for project work could be further split up as under
- Identification and statement of the project : 01 mark
- Procedure/processes adopted : 02 marks
- Write-up of the project : 02 marks
- Interpretation of result : 01 mark
- Viva : 02 marks